Twice Baked Potatoes
- 4 Russet potatoes
- 4 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. chives fresh
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. dill
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded, more for topping
- 2 green onion sliced
- 3 slices bacon cooked, crumbled
- 1 large (gallon) freezer bag or reusable silicone bag
- aluminum foil
- Scrub the potatoes with the skins on and dry well.
- Poke potatoes with a fork.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Bake in a 400° oven for 45-65 minutes (depending on the size of the potatoes) on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Allow to cool for 12-15 minutes.
- Slice in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the inside of the potato halves, leaving a tiny rim.
- Put emptier shells back on baking tray and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mash the potatoes together with the sour cream, butter, whipping cream, and seasonings.
- Stir in the chives, green onion, bacon, and shredded cheese.
- Spoon the filling back into the potato shells. Allow to cool.
- Place the tray of stuffed potatoes in the freezer.
- Once frozen, transfer to a large resealable freezer bag. Remove the air, seal, and freeze.
- If desired, top with additional shredded cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes.
Variations for the filling (in place of the chives, green onions, bacon, and cheese): Buffalo Chicken: use shredded chicken, Frank's Red Hot sauce, and crumbled blue cheese Broccoli Cheddar: use cooked broccoli or broccoli in tiny florets and shredded cheddar cheese Tex Mex: use drained corn, drained black beans, taco seasoning, salsa, and shredded cheddar or tex mex cheese (reduce the amount of whipping cream due to the salsa)
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 270mg | Potassium: 507mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 483IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 1mg