Turkey Sloppy Joes
- 2 lb. ground turkey browned
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. garlic minced
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 medium (quart) freezer bag
For day of cooking:
- 1/4 cup water
- Using the olive oil, brown the ground turkey in a skillet or in the Instant Pot.
- In a medium bowl, mix the tomato sauce, ketchup, chili sauce, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, and Dijon mustard. Pour it into a medium-sized resealable freezer bag and seal. Be sure to take out as much of the air as you can.
- In another medium freezer bag, put the browned ground turkey, garlic, and onion. Seal the bag and staple it to the bag with the sauce, then freeze.
Instant Pot Cooking Instructions:
- Thaw. Set your Instant Pot to the sauté function. Add the bag with the ground turkey, onion, and garlic. Cook until the garlic and onion are fragrant and translucent.
- Add the water and the contents of the bag of sauce.
- Close and lock the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the vent is closed. Set the Instant Pot to 8 minutes. Once the 8 minutes is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Open the vent and release the remaining pressure.
- Serve on a sliced bun with your favorite sides and enjoy!
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 882mg | Potassium: 764mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 426IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 2mg