- 1 onion chopped
- 30 floz. chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 24 floz. pasta sauce
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 3 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. chili flakes
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups mixed vegetables frozen
- 2 large (gallon) freezer bag or reusable silicone bag
For day of serving:
- 4-5 cups cheese tortellini fresh
- Put all the ingredients except the tortellini in a large resealable bag, remove the excess air and freeze it flat. Add the tortellini into another resealable bag and staple the bags together, so as to have everything you need in one place.
- Thaw and pour the ingredients of the one bag into the crockpot. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Stir 4-5 cups of tortellini into the crockpot 15 minutes before serving.
I use an Italian blend that has carrots, cauliflower, zucchini, romano beans, lima beans, and red pepper, but any combination of mixed vegetables is fine you can further add some extra red pepper flakes and grated parmesan cheese to each bowl when serving.
Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 1569mg | Potassium: 646mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 5537IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 187mg | Iron: 5mg