Tater Tot Casserole with Beef and Veggies
- 1 1/2 lbs. tater tots frozen
- 1 lb. lean ground beef browned
- 1 cup onion diced
- 2 cups mixed vegetables frozen
- 10 oz. cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp. dry mustard powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 large (gallon) freezer bag or reusable silicone bag
- 1 medium (quart) freezer bag
- Brown ground beef and cool slightly.
- Place beef in a large resealable freezer bag.
- Add the chopped onion and mixed vegetables.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together soup, evaporated milk, garlic, and seasonings. Pour into the bag over the other ingredients.
- Place the shredded cheese in a medium freezer bag.
- Remove the excess air from both bags, seal, and staple together above the fold.
Crockpot cooking instructions:
- Dump the contents of the large bag into the slow cooker.*
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or 6 hours on low.
- Top with cheese near the end of cooking.
Oven cooking instructions:
- Place contents of the large bag in a 9x13 casserole dish. Top with cheese. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
*This casserole tends to stick to the sides of the slow cooker making it hard to clean afterwards, so I suggest using Crock-Pot liners. They are food safe and can be thrown out after use making clean-up a breeze!
Calories: 616kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 1245mg | Potassium: 993mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3566IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 431mg | Iron: 4mg