Servings: 10 taco cups
- 1 lb. ground beef browned
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- 10-12 mini tart shells frozen
- cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 large (gallon) freezer bag or reusable silicone bag
- Cook the mini tart shells according to the package instructions.
- While the shells are cooking, brown the ground beef.
- When the beef is cooked through, stir in the taco seasoning and water. Continue to simmer until the sauce is thickened. Remove the pan from heat and allow to cool.
- Fill each tart shell with taco meat and top with shredded cheese.
- Return the shells to the oven to cook until the cheese is melted, about five minutes.
- Allow the mini taco pies to cool completely, then transfer them to a freezer bag.
- Remove excess air from the bag and seal. Freeze.
Oven Cooking Instructions:
- Place the cups in the oven to bake at 350° for 10 to 15 minutes, until the meat is warm and the cheese is melted.
Microwave Cooking Instructions:
- Take as many cups as you want out of the freezer.
- Remove the foil and reheat in the microwave.
*If you have any of the taco meat mixture leftover, place it in a medium size freezer bag, seal, and freeze. You can then use it to add to eggs or hash browns, on top of nachos, or for tacos.
Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 309mg | Potassium: 122mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 277IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 2mg