Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- 1 lb. lean ground beef browned
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 cup Basmati rice when measured uncooked
- 1 tsp. garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 14 oz diced tomatoes canned, drained
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 large (gallon) freezer bag or reusable silicone bag
- Brown the ground beef. Chop the peppers and onion.
- Cook the rice according to the package directions. Allow the rice to cool.
- Add the ground beef, chopped onion, minced garlic, chopped peppers, shredded cheese, tomato paste, drained can of diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and seasonings to a large resealable freezer bag.
- Remove the excess air from the bag, seal, and freeze.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Dump the contents of the freezer bag in the casserole dish and spread out evenly.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes.
Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 497mg | Potassium: 799mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1664IU | Vitamin C: 97mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 4mg