Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Ribs
- 1 rack of ribs
- 1/4 cup Dr. Pepper
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 large (gallon) freezer bag or reusable silicone bag
- Cut the rack of ribs in thirds so that the ribs can lay flat in the crockpot later! Place the three pieces in a large resealable freezer bag.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Dump in 2 cups of BBQ sauce. Pour in Dr. Pepper and squish to combine.
- Remove excess air from the bag, seal, and freeze.
- Place the ribs in the crockpot.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Remove from the slow cooker once the ribs are fully cooked.
- If desired, top with some additional BBQ sauce before serving.
Pro tip: If you want, you can whip up a small batch of the extra sauce by mixing an additional 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce with 1 additional Tbsp. of Dr. Pepper. Freeze the extra sauce in a medium freezer bag. Staple that bag to the other bag above the seal. You can use this sauce when serving.
Calories: 307kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 1487mg | Potassium: 380mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 49g | Vitamin A: 320IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mg