Sausage and Peppers
- 1 lb. Italian sausage squeezed into "meatballs" and cooked
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 onion chopped or sliced
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1-2 tsp. cajun seasoning
- 14 oz. diced tomatoes canned
- 1 large (gallon) freezer bag or reusable silicone bag
- Fry the sausage slices in a frying pan over medium-high heat until lightly browned on both sides. Alternately, you can place the raw sausage "meatballs" in a single layer on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven.
- Blot the cooked sausage slices on a paper towel to remove some of the grease.
- Place the cooked sausage in a large resealable freezer bag. Add the sliced peppers, onion, minced garlic, cajun seasoning, and the can of diced tomatoes.
- Remove the excess air from the bag, seal and freeze.
- Thaw. Cook in a skillet over medium-high heat until heated through. Serve over rice or in a wrap.
This recipe is gluten free and keto friendly if served on cauliflower rice.
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 561mg | Potassium: 407mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 813IU | Vitamin C: 40mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 2mg