Pizza Stuffed Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless, on the larger side
- 30 pepperoni slices
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 9x13 foil tray or freezer safe casserole dish
- Spray a 9x13 oven-safe dish or 9x13 foil tray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Slice chicken in half horizontally through the thickness of the breast. Pound to ½ an inch thick. You can make this easier by placing chicken between sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper when pounding.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. In the middle of the chicken, place four slices of pepperoni and about 1 Tbsp. of shredded mozzarella. Roll the chicken, tucking in the edges, and place in the baking dish or foil tray.
- Pour pizza sauce over each chicken breast. Top with remaining mozzarella and pepperoni slices.
- Place two layers of aluminum foil over the tray and seal the edges well.
- Label and freeze.
- Take the tray out of the freezer. Thaw.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place the tray in the oven. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chicken breast) or until a meat thermometer reads 165°.
Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 638mg | Potassium: 595mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 337IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 1mg