- 16-20 pierogies frozen
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup bacon cooked, chopped
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 10 oz. cream of mushroom soup
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 large (gallon) freezer bag or reusable silicone bag
- 1 medium (quart) freezer bag
- Place pierogies, onion, red pepper, bacon, salt and pepper in a large freezer bag.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup and evaporated milk to a bowl. Whisk together the two ingredients until well combined.
- Pour the sauce over the other ingredients in the freezer bag. Squish the bag to combine the sauce and other ingredients. Remove excess air from the bag and seal it.
- Put the shredded cheese in medium freezer bag and seal.
- Staple the bag of cheese to large bag above the seal and place in the freezer.
Oven Cooking Instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Dump the ingredients in the larger freezer bag into the casserole dish. Top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake the casserole for 45 minutes, until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese on top is melted.
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Dump large bag into slow cooker. Top with the cheese.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 3 hours.
Easily make this vegetarian by omitting the bacon or substituting with imitation bacon bits.
Calories: 464kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 799mg | Potassium: 198mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 852IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 2mg