Philly Chicken Sandwiches
Servings: 8 buns
- 4-6 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 2 tsp. seasoning salt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 large (gallon) freezer bag or reusable silicone bag
- 1 medium (quart) freezer bag
For cooking day:
- 8 hoagie buns
- Place the slices of provolone in a medium freezer bag.
- Place chicken and all the other ingredients in a large resealable freezer bag.
- Remove excess air and seal. Staple the medium and large bags together above the seal and freeze.
Slow Cooker Cooking Instructions:
- Put the ingredients from the large bag in the crockpot and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Shred the meat. Place the filling on the hoagie rolls and top each one with a slice of cheese. If you want, you can microwave or place it in the oven for a short time just to melt the cheese.
Instant Pot Cooking instructions:
- Dump the contents of the large bag in the Instant Pot and seal.
- Cook for 12 minutes on manual and do a natural release.
- Shred the meat. I find it's easiest to do this right in the Instant Pot. I use my meat masher for this.
- Place the filling on the hoagie rolls and top each with a slice of the Provolone.
You can substitute hot dog buns in place of the hoagie buns if that's what you have on hand. Sliced provolone is traditionally the type of cheese used on Philly Cheesesteaks but if you'd prefer, you can substitute cheddar or mozzarella.
Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 989mg | Potassium: 569mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 723IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 228mg | Iron: 2mg