Pastitcio Baked Pasta
- 17 oz. cavatappi pasta
- 2 lb. ground beef browned
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 28 oz. diced tomatoes canned
- 1/4 cup red wine or red cooking wine
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. fennel seed crushed
- pinch salt and pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 14 oz. Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 9x13 foil tray or freezer safe casserole dish
- optional: shredded cheddar cheese for topping
- Brown the ground beef.
- While the beef is browning, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse. Set aside.
- In a very large bowl, mix together the cooked ground beef, chopped onion, diced carrots, minced garlic, diced tomatoes, red wine, tomato paste, brown sugar, seasonings, and the first amount of Parmesan.
- Stir in the pasta.
- In another bowl, lightly beat 2 eggs and mix in the Alfredo sauce and second amount of Parmesan cheese. Fold into pasta mixture.
- Scoop everything into a freezer-safe baking dish or large resealable freezer bag. If using a casserole dish, cover with two layers of foil. If using a freezer bag, remove excess air and seal. Freeze.
- If desired, top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake in an oven-safe dish at 350° for 1 hour. If baking from frozen, increase the cooking time by half an hour.
Calories: 866kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 179mg | Sodium: 570mg | Potassium: 1000mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2251IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 411mg | Iron: 6mg