Mac and Cheese
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 oz. Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cups macaroni noodles cooked
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups milk or evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 large (gallon) freezer bag or reusable silicone bag or foil tray or freezer safe baking dish
- In a large skillet, melt 3 Tbsp. butter.
- Add the flour and stir over medium heat until the mixture is lightly browned.
- Pour in the milk (or evaporated milk) and whisk.
- Add the salt and pepper and cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens and starts to bubble.
- Slowly stir in both types of cheese (saving a little bit of the cheese to sprinkle on top later) and the last 2 Tablespoons of butter, then whisk until smooth and melted.
- Add the cooked noodles once the cheeses have melted and mixed well.
- Pour into a foil baking dish or a large resealable freezer bag. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. If using a foil dish, top with two layers of aluminum foil. If using a freezer bag, remove excess air and seal.
- Take tray or bag out of the freezer. Thaw.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake in an oven-safe baking dish for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can substitute other types of cheese if you like.
Calories: 477kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 806mg | Potassium: 269mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 826IU | Calcium: 671mg | Iron: 1mg