Lemon Pesto Chicken
- 3-4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- optional: 1 tsp. lemon rind
- 1 large (gallon) freezer bag or reusable silicone bag
- 1 medium (quart) freezer bag
- Put the shredded Mozza cheese in a medium resealable bag and seal.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large-sized resealable bag. Add the pesto, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. If you want some extra zip, toss in some lemon rind. Remove the excess air from the bag and seal.
- Staple the medium bag to the large one above the seal to ensure there are no leaks. Lay flat in the freezer.
- Thaw. Put the chicken in a casserole dish.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes, covered. Uncover and top with the mozzarella cheese and bake for another 5 minutes. Turn the oven to broil and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 383mg | Potassium: 430mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 514IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 1mg