Instant Pot Shrimp Boil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tsp. garlic minced
- 4 corn cobs split into three pieces each
- 6 sausage links chopped
- 2 cups beer or water
- 3 Tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 2 cups shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 large (gallon) freezer bag or reusable silicone bag
- 1 medium (quart) freezer bag
For the day of cooking:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 potatoes medium, diced
Make-Ahead Assembly Instructions:
- Place chopped onion, garlic, corn cob pieces, sausage chunks, seasoning, and water or beer into a large resealable freezer bag. Remove excess air and seal.
- Put the shrimp in a medium freezer bag. Remove air and seal. Staple above the seal to the large bag.
Make-Ahead Cooking Instructions:
- Take the bags out of the freezer to thaw.
- Place the oil in the Instant Pot.
- Dump the contents of the large bag in. Add the potatoes.
- Secure the lid and select the manual setting for 9 minutes.
- Do the quick release.
- Add the shrimp and cook for another minute on the manual setting.
Straight to the Instant Pot Instructions:
- Place the oil in the Instant Pot and set to the sauté setting.
- Once the oil is hot, add the diced onion and cook for two minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for one minute before turning off the Instant Pot.
- Add the sausages, followed by the potatoes and corn.
- Sprinkle in the Old Bay seasoning and the water or beer.
- Secure the lid and select the manual setting for 8 minutes. Quick-release.
- Add the shrimp and cook for an additional minute on the manual setting. Quick-release.
Calories: 430kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 249mg | Potassium: 1418mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 326IU | Vitamin C: 49mg | Calcium: 162mg | Iron: 5mg