Hot Roast Beef, Turkey, or Ham Sandwiches
Servings: 12 buns
- 12 hamburger buns
- 1 lb. thinly shaved roast beef, turkey, or ham
- 12 cheese slices provolone, Swiss, or mozzarella
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. onion grated
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1 Tbsp. spicy mustard
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. horseradish
- aluminum foil
- 2 large (gallon) freezer bag or reusable silicone bag
- Mix together the mayonnaise, grated onion, poppy seeds, spicy mustard, Worcestershire, and horseradish in a medium bowl.
- Spread some of the sauce on both sides of the bun.
- Add a few slices of either beef or ham.
- Top with a slice of cheese.
- Wrap each sandwich in tin foil.
- Place the wrapped sandwiches into two large resealable freezer bags. Freeze.
- Remove the sandwiches from the bags, but keep them wrapped in the foil.
- Cook them in a 350° oven right in the foil for 20-30 minutes (20 minutes if the sandwich is thawed and 30 minutes if cooking from frozen) or cook in the foil on the BBQ until the cheese is melted.
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 1000mg | Potassium: 207mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 172IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 344mg | Iron: 3mg