Gingery Salsa Chicken
- 10-12 chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup liquid honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh ginger grated
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 large (gallon) freezer bag or reusable silicone bag
For the day of cooking:
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Place chicken thighs in a large resealable freezer bag.
- Pour in the salsa, honey, orange juice, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, ginger, and olive oil.
- Squish together to combine.
- Remove excess air from the bag and seal. Freeze.
- Bake chicken at 400° for 40-50 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into a stovetop pot. Mix together the cornstarch and water in a small bowl and add the cornstarch slurry to the sauce.
- Heat to boiling. Stir for a few minutes while the sauce thickens.
- Serve the sauce over the chicken.
To make this gluten free, ensure that the soy sauce is gluten free.
Calories: 520kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 185mg | Sodium: 972mg | Potassium: 552mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 327IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 2mg