Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 1 lb. medium shrimp raw, deveined and tails removed
- 6-8 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- dash red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium (quart) freezer bag
- Using a fork or an electric beater, blend the butter, garlic, olive oil, and spices until they are thoroughly mixed. Place the butter mixture into a medium freezer bag. Add with shrimp into another medium resealable freezer bag. Seal, staple the bags together, and freeze.
- Thaw. Sauté shrimp and butter sauce for 6-7 minutes over medium heat just until they turn pink.
If you use frozen uncooked shrimp, it often has the tail on. Prepare your butter mixture first, then you can remove the tails of the shrimp without them thawing by de-tailing them under cool running water and doing it quickly so that you can get it back in the freezer right away. This also helps clean the shrimp for cooking. If you want to turn this into garlic butter shrimp pasta, cook 8-12 oz. of the pasta of your choice and drain, saving 1 cup of the starchy pasta water. Add the shrimp with butter sauce to the pasta. Add some or all of the reserved pasta water. Toss the ingredients together and serve. Top with red chili flakes and grated Parmesan or asiago cheese.
Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 184mg | Sodium: 152mg | Potassium: 384mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 88IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 157mg | Iron: 2mg