Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa
- 1/2 lb. Basa or other white fish
- 1 cup mango peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup purple onion diced
- 1/4 cup jalapeno seeded and diced small
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey melted
- 2 medium (quart) freezer bag
On day of serving:
- flour tortillas
- optional: guacamole hot sauce
- Place the fish in a medium-sized freezer bag. Remove the excess air and seal.
- Stir together the mango cubes, diced onions, diced jalapenos, cilantro, lime juice, and melted honey. Put the salsa in another medium freezer bag and seal. Staple the two bags together.
- On the day of cooking, take the bags out of the freezer. In a skillet, grill the fish 3-4 minutes per side. Thaw the salsa.
- Place a piece of the grilled fish and some of the mango salsa in a flour tortilla. If you want, you can top it with guacamole and/or hot sauce.
If you want to make this recipe gluten-free, all you have to do is substitute corn tortillas for the flour ones, and voila!
Calories: 43kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 109mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 576IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg