Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
- 5-7 lb. pork shoulder or butt
- 1 onion large, coarsely chopped
- 11 oz. chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
- 2 can Dr. Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 large (gallon) freezer bag or reusable silicone bag
- Place the pork in a large resealable bag.
- Toss in the chopped onion, can of chipotle peppers in adobe sauce, brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour in 2 cans of Dr. Pepper soda pop, holding the bag up to prevent spills.
- Remove the excess air, seal the bag, and freeze.
- Place in the crockpot. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Shred and serve on buns.
Calories: 466kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 56g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 190mg | Sodium: 771mg | Potassium: 996mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1968IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 4mg