Chicken Taco Soup
- 3 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 14 oz. chili style beans canned
- 19 oz. black beans canned, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. kernel corn drained
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 can beer
- 14 oz. diced tomatoes canned
- 4.5 oz. diced chilies
- 2 tsp. taco seasoning
- 1 large (gallon) freezer bag or reusable silicone bag
For day of serving:
- optional: tortilla chips or strips, sour cream, shredded cheese, green onions
- optional: 900 mL additional chicken broth*
- Place all ingredients in a large resealable freezer bag. Remove excess air and seal. Freeze.
- Thaw. Cook the taco soup on low in crockpot for 4-7 hours. You can add the additional chicken broth to this step if desired. Shred the chicken breasts before serving.
- Add optional toppings if desired.
*For a soupier Chicken Taco Soup, you can add another pack of chicken broth on the day of cooking. Without the chicken broth, it is thick enough to spoon this into tortillas and top with cheese. Use gluten free beer if you are wanting this soup to be gluten free. If you can't find chili style beans, you can substitute a can of pinto beans.
Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 768mg | Potassium: 1346mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 460IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 5mg