Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 2 cups carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 3-4 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 tsp. parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 large (gallon) freezer bag or reusable silicone bag
Day of cooking:
- 2 cups egg noodles uncooked
- Place all ingredients except for the egg noodles in a large resealable freezer bag.
- Remove excess air. Seal. Freeze.
- Thaw. Cook in crockpot on low for 4-5 hours.
- Take out the chicken and cube or shred it.
- Put it back in the crockpot.
- Add the noodles.
- Cook another 10 minutes until noodles are tender.
Pro tip: Here are some flavour suggestions to change this classic soup up:
- Italian flavour twist: add seasonings such as oregano, basil, and thyme or Italian blend seasoning
- Thai flavour twist: add some coconut milk (1/2 cup), lime juice (1-2 Tbsp.), lemongrass, and top with fresh cilantro
- Tex mex flavour twist: replace the carrots with cube green or red bell peppers, add a small can of diced green chilies, and top with shredded cheese when serving. You can also serve with hot sauce.
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 1145mg | Potassium: 692mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 7387IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1mg