Chicken Asparagus Bake
- 2 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1-2 chicken breasts boneless, cooked and diced, about 1-2 cups
- 1 cup asparagus chopped, fresh, or frozen
- 5 oz. cream of mushroom soup*
- 5 oz. cream of chicken soup*
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: 2 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 large (gallon) freezer bag or reusable silicone bag
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Cook and cube the chicken. Stir them along with the other ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Put it into a large resealable bag and seal it. Lay flat and freeze.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes.
Pro tip: Since this recipe calls for 1/2 cans of soup, it's smarter to double it (or quadruple it) so that you can use the full cans plus have more meals in your freezer! I know that I've marked the bacon as optional, but trust me, you should include it. Everything is better with bacon, right?!
Calories: 381kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 129mg | Potassium: 169mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 370IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 164mg | Iron: 1mg