Chicken and Spinach Penne Alfredo
- 3 chicken breasts boneless, skinless, cooked and cubed
- 14 oz. Alfredo sauce
- 2 Tbsp. pesto
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 4 cups penne pasta uncooked
- 1 large (gallon) freezer bag or reusable silicone bag
- Cook and cube the chicken.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add pasta. Cook for 1-2 minutes less than the box directions call for. This is because you want the pasta slightly undercooked so that it doesn't become mushy after freezing and reheating. Drain.
- In a skillet on the stovetop, heat the olive oil. Add the spinach and saute until wilted. Mix the Alfredo sauce, pesto, and garlic into the drained pasta.
- Add the cubed chicken, pasta mixture and spinach to a large resealable freezer bag. Remove the extra air and seal before freezing.
- On the day of cooking, thaw the bag before placing its contents into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake, covered in a preheated 350° oven for 45 minutes.
Calories: 567kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 118mg | Sodium: 671mg | Potassium: 800mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3681IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 2mg