Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Bake
- 2-3 chicken breasts boneless, skinless, cooked, and cubed
- 1 cup broccoli florets steamed then coarsely chopped
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 8 Tbsp. butter
- 16 oz. heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese shredded, divided
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 9x13 foil tray or freezer safe casserole dish or large freezer bag
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and whisk in the heavy cream.
- Whisk in egg yolk and 1 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large pot, prepare pasta al dente as directed on the package.*
- Drain and put back in the pot.
- Pour ½ of sauce over pasta and toss to coat.
- Gently mix in cooked, cubed chicken, broccoli, and the remaining sauce.
- Dump into a 9x13 pan and top with the remaining Parmesan.
- Cover with two layers of tin foil.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
*Pro tip: Cook the pasta slightly underdone so that it doesn't get mushy when reheating.