- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 8 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 head cabbage* chopped in about 1 1/2" chunks
- 3-4 cups carrot peeled and sliced
- 2 stalk celery thinly sliced
- 14 1/2 oz. stewed tomatoes canned
- 1 large (gallon) freezer bag or reusable silicone bag
- Chop the vegetables.
- Place the vegetables and other ingredients into a large resealable freezer bag or silicone bag.
- Remove excess air, seal, and freeze.
- Place bag contents in a large stovetop pot. Heat over medium until it comes to a low boil.
- Turn down to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
Pro tip: to use up the whole head of cabbage, simply double the recipe and separate into two large freezer bags or into single serving containers Serve this soup on its own, with crackers, or with dinner rolls.
Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2650mg | Potassium: 645mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 11516IU | Vitamin C: 55mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 3mg