Black Bean and Corn Enchiladas
- 15 oz. black beans drained
- 15 oz. kernel corn drained
- 4 oz. green chilies
- red bell pepper diced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 12 oz. enchilada sauce
- 4 cups Tex Mex cheese shredded
- 24 corn tortillas*
- 2 9x13 foil tray or freezer safe casserole dish
- aluminum foil
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the black beans, corn, green chilies, diced red pepper, lime juice, and seasoning.
- Spoon some of the mixture into a corn tortilla. Wrap.
- Place the tortilla seam side down in the baking tray. There will be 12 tortilla rolls in each tray when they are done.
- Pour one can of enchilada sauce over top of the enchiladas in each tray.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of cheese over each of the dishes.
- Cover with two layers of foil. Freeze.
- Remove the tray from the freezer. Thaw.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Take out of the oven. Remove the foil. Bake for another few minutes until the cheese on top is melted.
Note that this recipe makes two trays of enchiladas. You can either freeze both or serve one that night and freeze the other for another time. And of course, if you have a large family, you can serve both at once. If you would like to make just one tray, half the ingredients. *We have found that using a corn-flour blend tortilla rolls better than a fully corn tortilla while still having that nice corn flavour.
Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 485mg | Potassium: 283mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 261IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 248mg | Iron: 2mg