- 4 lb. beef chuck roast or beef rump roast
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp. dry onion soup mix
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 large (gallon) freezer bag or reusable silicone bag
- Place the beef roast in a large resealable freezer bag. Add the other ingredients and seal the bag before freezing.
- Thaw. Cook in the slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours. Slice and serve on buns, using the juices from the roast for dipping.
You can top the buns with garlic mayo. before adding the beef if you want. Dipping it in the au jus with the goopy garlic mayo just adds to the experience! Be sure to use a gluten free dry onion soup mix if you need this gluten free.
Calories: 432kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 156mg | Sodium: 964mg | Potassium: 847mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 32IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 5mg