- 1 lb. salmon fillets boneless
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce your favourite kind
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 green onion sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large (gallon) freezer bag or reusable silicone bag
- Place the salmon fillets in a large resealable freezer bag.
- Add the other ingredients and squish gently to combine.
- Remove the excess air, seal, and freeze.
Barbecue cooking instructions:
- Thaw. The sauce marinates the salmon as it thaws.
- Heat barbecue to medium heat.
- Grill fish for 6 minutes on each side on greased barbecue rack or on a cedar plant on the grill. Turn the fish occasionally. The salmon should flake easily when done.
Oven cooking instructions:
- Thaw and the salmon will marinate in the sauce as it thaws.
- Place salmon on a foil-lined baking sheet lined. Bake at 400° for about 20 minutes. The exact cooking time will vary depending on the salmon thickness. It will flake easily when done.
Pro tip: If you like, you can slice the salmon filets into portions before adding to the freezer bag.
Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 280mg | Potassium: 438mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 104IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg