Baked Italian Chicken
- 8-12 chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 3/4 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup zucchini cubed, with peel
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 24 oz. pasta sauce
- 1 large (gallon) freezer bag or reusable silicone bag
- Cut the zucchini and onion and slice the mushrooms.
- Place the chicken thighs in a large resealable freezer bag.
- Add the seasoning, vegetables, brown sugar, and pasta sauce.
- Remove all the air you can from the bag, seal it, and freeze.
Oven Cooking Instructions:
- Thaw. Put the contents of the bag in a casserole dish.
- Bake in the oven at 375° for 50 minutes.
Slow Cooker Cooking Instructions:
- Thaw. Put the bag contents into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Serve over pasta and sprinkle with shredded or shaved Parmesan cheese. If you are on a gluten-free diet, you can instead serve this over rice. You can also serve this with a side salad if you want more greens.
Calories: 399kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 148mg | Sodium: 715mg | Potassium: 816mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 664IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 3mg