- 1 1/2 cups bowtie pasta
- 1 cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 3 carrots sliced
- 8 floz white wine or you can use apple juice
- 19 floz diced tomatoes with juice
- 19 floz mixed beans drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 medium (quart) freezer bag
- 1 large (gallon) freezer bag or reusable silicone bag
For cooking day:
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Place the bowtie pasta in a medium freezer bag. Add all the other ingredients to a large freezer bag. Remove excess air, seal the bags, staple together above the seal, and freeze.
Stovetop Cooking Instructions:
- On cooking day, thaw, pour the contents of the large bag into a stovetop pot, add 4 cups of vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the pasta and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Thaw. Add contents of large bag to the Crock Pot. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
- Stir in the pasta 20 minutes before serving.
Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 1104mg | Potassium: 719mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 5941IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 3mg