Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- 8-10 chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 1/3 cup green onion chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. soya sauce
- 2 Tbsp. liquid honey
- 2 Tbsp. Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- 1 large (gallon) reusable freezer bag or silicone freezer bag
- Add the chicken thighs to a large resealable bag, then top the chicken with the green onion, lime juice, olive oil, soya sauce, honey, and Jamaican jerk spice.
- Squish the ingredients together inside the bag to mix the sauce ingredients and coat the chicken.
- Remove excess air from the bag and seal. Place the bag flat in the freezer until you’re ready to start cooking.
- Thaw. To prepare the jerk chicken on the grill, start by preheating the BBQ to medium. Remove the chicken from the bag and discard the remaining marinade. Oil the grill and place the chicken on the BBQ to cook for 15 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes until no longer pink in center.
- Thaw. To bake the jerk chicken thighs, preheat the oven to 350. Place the chicken thighs in a baking dish. Cook for one hour.
Slow cooker instructions:
- Thaw. To prepare the chicken in the crock pot, place the thighs in the slow cooker. Cook the chicken on low for 3-5 hours.
- Thaw. Fry in skillet on medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until no longer pink in the center. About 25 minutes.
Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 611mg | Potassium: 72mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 92IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.5mg