Freezer to Grill Vegetable Skewers
- parchment paper
- cookie sheet
- 1 red bell pepper 1-inch cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper 1-inch cubes
- 1 purple onion 1-inch cubes
- 1 zucchini 1-inch cubes
- 1 9x13 foil pan
- tin foil
- 10-15 wooden skewers
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- Soak skewers for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Place vegetables on the skewer in alternating patterns until filled to the desired length. Repeat until all the vegetables are gone.
- Using a brush, brush the olive oil on all sides of all skewers.
- Shake salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning on the skewers, on all sides.
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet and lay the skewers on it to flash freeze.
- Once frozen, place skewers in a foil pan and cover with plastic wrap and/or tin foil.
BBQ cooking instructions:
- Place frozen skewers on 400° grill. Grill, turning occasionally until char marks start showing up on the vegetables and they are tendercrisp, about 20 minutes (15 if thawed).
Oven cooking instructions:
- Roast skewers from frozen on a baking sheet in a 400°F oven for 17 to 20 minutes, turning once. If thawed, bake for 12-15 minutes.
Calories: 97kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 294mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1090IU | Vitamin C: 103mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg