- 8-10 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless or 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. onion soup mix
- 1 large (gallon) resealable freezer bag or silicone freezer bag
- Place chicken and all ingredients in a large resealable freezer bag.
- Squish around to mix thoroughly.
- Remove all air from the freezer bag and seal.
Oven cooking instructions:
- Place contents of bag in a casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour, uncovering for the last 10 minutes.
Skillet cooking instructions:
- Place contents of bag in a large skillet.
- Cook on medium for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, ensuring chicken is no longer pink in the centre.
BBQ cooking instructions:
- Reserving liquid, place chicken on pre-heated BBQ at a medium temp.
- Pour reserved liquid into small saucepan and heat on stove until hot and starting to thicken.
- Cook chicken on BBQ for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally, basting with reserved sauce and ensuring chicken is no longer pink in the centre. Leftover sauce can be poured over chicken upon serving.
It sounds unlikely, but leftovers of chicken hurry makes the best soup!
Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0.03g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 620mg | Potassium: 465mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 139IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg